capture your family’s story
Everyone has a story.
Let us write yours.
WHAT IS A LIFE STORY?
It’s a personal memoir, written by a professional personal writer. The book is narrated in your voice and illustrated throughout with your own photos.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone who wants to preserve their story, or the story of a loved one, for family, friends, and future generations.
CAN I GIVE THIS SERVICE AS A GIFT?
Yes, you absolutely can! Most of our clients are the grandchildren, children or spouses of storytellers. We provide a range of gift cards tailored to your loved one and the occasion.
Who it benefits
- Experience the joy of telling your stories to a trusted interviewer
- Watch as the manuscript takes shape
- Know you’re giving the greatest gift of all: your story, told by you.
Family & Friends
- Savour the stories of a loved one’s past, told in his or her words
- Gain a deeper understanding of your family history
- Future generations will have a greater awareness of their history and the forebears who shaped them.
- Knowing family history has been shown to increase the resiliency of families and individuals.
FOUR SIMPLE STEPS
Creating a custom-made life story on your own can be daunting.
With our help, it’s simple.
We meet with you online and record your stories over a series of casual, friendly interviews.
You’ll see the work-in-progress as we go along and can make any changes or edits you like. But you don’t have to do any of the writing yourself; that’s what we’re here for.
Whether you have thousands of photos or just a few, we’ll help you pick out the best to include in your book, and match them to your story.
When we have the book exactly how you want it, we go into production. We’ll show you options for layout, printing, and binding, and you decide how many books you’d like — from one to hundreds.
Pricing starts from AUD $299 for your story in a simple Word document up to $799 for a beautifully-designed, hard cover coffee table book, with many other options in between.